Gladys and Stripey: Two little fish on one BIG adventure, a unique children's picture book, is AVAILABLE NOW. If you prefer to pay by invoice, rather than use PayPal, please contact Michele.
Being the smallest fish in the stream is not easy. For Gladys and Stripey, it gets even harder when, after a night of heavy rain, fast flowing water sweeps them out of their home habitat. What can they do? Will they make it back home?
This (almost) true story, written by Michele Gierck, is based on an Australian threatened fish species called Galaxiella pusilla. Told in rhyme, with accompanying scientific notes, young and not-so-young readers will discover lots about waterways, a special fish species and its habitat. Trust and courage are as much themes of this book, as are sustainability, connecting to your local environment, and taking action.
Ideal for primary aged readers.
- A simple read-aloud, rhyming story for young readers.
- More advanced ecological/scientific information for middle-grade readers.
- Explores habitat, waterways and an endangered Australian native fish.
- Promotes sustainability and taking action.
- Ideal for Australian and Victorian primary school curriculums (F-6).
- Adults enjoy reading this story too.
- 32 page full-colour children's picture book
- Category: fiction, with lots of facts
- Format: softback
- ISBN: 978-0-6456021-0-4
- Written by Michele Gierck & illustrated by Marina Zlatanova
- Inspired by Scientist John, a fish and river expert. (Learn about Scientist John's work with Galaxiella pusilla.)
- Price: $19.99 plus postage/handling
School Orders: can be made through Vipa Books or by contacting Michele via this website.
Libraries Orders can be made through ALS Library Services, and James Bennett or by contacting Michele via this website. An invoice will then be raised.